These brownies were star of the show at an organic bakery in North London, many years ago when I was the operations manager. Patisserie Organic has since sadly closed its doors, which is why you can now have the recipe 🙂
125g dark chocolate
285g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150g broken pecan nuts
225g dark chocolate chunks
30g liquid glucose
1. Line tin and grease
2. Melt chocolate and butter together (do not boil). Remove from the stove
3. Add caster sugar and stir well
4. Mix eggs in well, one at a time
5. Add vanilla, chocolate chunks and nuts. Mix in
6. Stir in the glucose. This is the secret ingredient which gives the brownies their ‘ultimate’ name! Shhh, don’t tell anyone.
7. Bake in even at 180 degrees C for 25 mins. Skewer comes out sticky
NB: time depends on oven – I have left them in for 35 mins in some ovens.